Cask Days® 2013
Evergreen Brick Works
- Time & Place
CASK DAYS 2013 // Cask-Conditioned Craft Beer Festival
Canada’s Largest Annual Cask-Conditioned Craft Beer Festival Returns for its 9th Year
Cask Days has evolved into one of the most coveted craft beer events in North America. Along with featuring over 200 cask-conditioned ales from over 100 Canadian microbreweries, highlighted this year at Evergreen Brickworks will be 36 beers from the United Kingdom, the International Brewery Feature… the roots of “real ale” (feature brewery list below).
Evergreen Brickworks October 19th – October 20th, 2013.
As a major contributor to the Ontario craft beer community, the family behind Toronto mainstay barVolo, have taken Cask Days and elevated the beer drinking experience, spearheading one of the largest festivals of its kind. Cask Days 2013 will host over 4000 people over 2 days. From beer introduction & education to promoting a community-focused beer drinking lifestyle, Cask Days offers premium one-of-a-kind brews alongside a standout line-up of beer-focused workshops, art, music, food pairings and one-on-ones with brewers on site.
This year, Cask Days is raising money to support UNITY Charity.
UNITY Charity engages and empowers youth aged 10 to 18 by implementing school and community programs. UNITY’s medium of expression (hip-hop artistic outlets) attracts diverse groups of adolescents from a wide range of social, economic, and cultural backgrounds. By helping youth positively express their stress and develop skills for success, UNITYempowers youth to use artistic self-expression to make positive life choices leading to more productive citizens, safer schools and healthier communities.
Session One (12:00pm - 5:00pm) - $25.00 - Saturday, October 19th, 2013
Session Two (7:00pm - 12:00am) - $25.00 - Saturday, October 19th, 2013
Session Three (12:00pm - 5:00pm) - $25.00 - Sunday, October 20th, 2013
Save The Cask (5:00pm - 10:00pm) - Sunday, October 20th, 2013 (more info below)
All Access (Session 1, 2 & 3) - $60.00 - October 19th and 20th, 2013
Brewers Breakfast (10:30am - 12:00pm) - First Access - Saturday, October 19th, 2013 (TBA)
* Commemorative 9th Annual Cask Days 2013 glass (each session has a unique design)
* Admission to a five hour festival session at Evergreen, Brickworks
* 100+ breweries and 200+ beers brewed for the festival to choose from
* Official Cask Days 2013 Festival Guide and tasting book
* Live entertainment with local DJ's and live artists
* Free shuttle bus transportation to and from Brick Works (from Broadview TTC station)
TASTING WITH STEPHEN BEAUMONT ($20.00)
*** Please note that this tasting is only available for Session 1 ticket holders ***
* Guaranteed early or front-of-the-line admission (11:30 Saturday, 11:30 Sunday)
* Guaranteed tastes from six of the top casks, British ales on Saturday and Canadian on
Sunday, as personally selected by Stephen Beaumont
* Tutored tasting and walk-about with Stephen Beaumont, one of the world's leading beer
writers and co-author of the new Pocket Beer Guide 2014
* Signed copy of The Pocket Beer Guide 2014 (a $16 value!)
* Each tasting is limited to only 20 people!
*Tasting price does not include tax and online service fee's
Transformed from a collection of deteriorating heritage buildings into a global showcase for green design and urban sustainability, Evergreen Brick Works is both a stage and incubator for Evergreen’s programs.A dynamic public space in the heart of Toronto’s Don Valley, the site engages visitors through interactive workshops and community festivals, and offers a full suite of programs combining ecology, design, technology and the arts in a hands-on, multi-sensory educational experience.
Cask-conditioned ale (aka “real ale”) is served by spout directly from the cask. Once tapped, a cask only has a few days to be consumed at its peak – you’ve got to drink it; We call these days Cask Days. This beer is unﬁltered, unpasteurized & naturally carbonated via secondary fermentation in the cask. Cask Days encourages brewers to showcase their finest brews, in most cases “one oﬀ’s” that are exclusively made for the festival. The best brewery collaborations, ciders, gluten-free beers & seasonal specialties like pumpkin and harvest ales will be also be up for tasting.
This year’s gallery spotlights on some outstanding artists who create the beer label artwork that is printed by both local and international breweries. Celebrating the designs that inspire, enlighten and are dedicated to brilliant beers. Artists will also be creating live productions to commemorate the 2013 festival.
Raising the standard of beer festival food, the eats are as epic as the beer. Cask Days gathers some of Toronto’s most admired chefs & top restaurants. Expect real food that compliments real ale.
THE LIVE BEATS
The vibe of Cask Days is what sets it apart from the rest. The Cask Days music program – unfiltered, raw and live.
Earlier this year 32, India Pale Ales were served blind and competed in a single elimination bracket tournament. The final four IPAs: House Ales Westside, Flying Monkeys Pink Dime, Hopfenstark Post Colonial, and Left Field Resin Bag will face off head to head, the champion determined by a national audience. Check out the final four bracket.
BREWERS BREAKFAST ($20.00)
*** Please note that the brewers breakfast is only available for Session 1 ticket holders ***
Cask Days 2013 will host our ceremonial Breakfast with the Brewers at Evergreen Brickworks on Saturday, October 19th, 2013 from 10:00am to 11:30 am . Join us and over 75+ brewers from across Canada and the UK for some delicious food and a toast to begin your Cask Days experience. This years breakfast will include:
* Casual buffet style breakfast with over 75 brewers from across Canada and the UK
* First access to Cask Days 2013 (30 minutes before general public)
* One glass of beer (1/2 pint) from opening cask tapping ceremony (@11:00am)
* Cask Days awards presentation
* Breakfast price does not include tax and online service fee's
U.K FEATURE // Harbour Brewery // Hilden Brewery // Arran Brewery // Beavertown Brewery // Signature Brew // Thornbridge Brewery // Ridgeway Brewing // Monty's Brewery // Wells & Young // Magic Rock Brewery // Box Steam Brewery // Ilkley Brewery // Crate Brewery // Redemption // Siren Craft // St Austell // Arbor Ales // Hand Drawn Monkey // Roosters Brewery // Black Jack Beers // Wild Beer Co. // Tiny Rebel // Red Willow // Summer Wine // London Fields // Moor Beer // Daniel Thwaites // Quantock
Full list of confirmed breweries will be released on Monday, September 2nd, 2013 (caskdays.com)
* Cask Days 2013 Festival Poster http://caskdays.com/caskdays2013-poster.png
* Cask Days 2013 Festival Logo http://caskdays.com/caskdays2013-logo.png
* Cask Days 2013 Press Release http://caskdays.com/caskdays2013-pressrelease.pdf
* Cask Days 2013 Promotional Video https://vimeo.com/72161751
* Follow On Twitter: http://twitter.com/caskdays
* Like On Facebook: http://facebook.com/caskdays
* Follow On Instagram: http://instagram.com/caskdays
* Sponsorship and Media Inquiries Sponsorship / Media Inquiry
*Volunteering @ Cask Days 2013What to volunteer for this years festival? E-mail
CASK DAYS is produced and organized by 9 GALLON ENTERPRISES INC.
October 19, 2013 to October 20, 2013
Evergreen Brick Works
550 Bayview Ave.
Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3X8, Canada