We Live For The Funk!
- Time & Place
barVolo and friends would like to present the 2nd edition of "We Live For The Funk", A Night Of Funky Tunes and Funky Brews taking place Thursday, September 20th, 2012 during Toronto Beer Week. One night only event featuring experimental beers from our local breweries. This will be epic and the music will be loud.
Funk Night Will Feature...
- 25 limited edition, funky, barrel aged, sour ales from Ontario (And Quebec)
- Funky eats by Chef Guy Rawlings / Funky tunes by Lively O.nes (Vinyl DJ Set)
- Funky art by "Keep6" Tomas Morana (Animal Farm Series Prints)
- Beer quantities are very limited, one keg of each beer.
- Funk Night will be a ticket event from 6:00pm - 8:00pm ($15.00)*
- After 8:00pm we will open the doors to general public. $5.00 admission. Closed at 2:00am
- barVolo will not be open for regular business (standing room only with some seating). 19+
- Event will be CASH ONLY. We will be using a token system to speed up lines. ATM on site.
- Absolutley NO PINTS will be served. 1/4 and 1/2 pint serving sizes (price announced at event)
- If you would like alternative payment options (cash) to purchase tickets contact firstname.lastname@example.org
6PM - 8PM Tickets Include...
- Limited editioned "Funk Night" glass with date (only 100 produced)
- Event admission & one funky drink ticket (tax included)
- First access to try 25 limited edition specialty beers
- House Ales "Gangsters Para-Weisse" (Sour Wheat With Grains Of Paradise)
- House Ales X Amsterdam "Night Train Funk" (Barrel Aged Belgian Brown Ale With Brett)
- House Ales X Animal Farm "Snowball" (Barrel Aged Farmhouse Ale)
- House Ales X Animal Farm "Murial" (Barrel Fermented Gooseberry Wheat Beer)
- House Ales "Last Call In Kreuzeberg" (Berliner Weisse)
- House Ales "Shickki Mickki" (Berliner Hipster Weisse)
- House Ales X Beau's All Natural "Rye's Above Porter" (Porter Aged With Brett)
- House Ales X Beer 4 Boobs "Saison Du Filles" (Farmhouse Saison With Brett)
- Amsterdam Divination #1 (IPA With Belgian, Wine & Champagne Yeast)
- Amsterdam Grand Cru Framboise (Barrel Aged Framboise With Brett. & Pedio.)
- Amsterdam X Animal Farm "Boxer" (Saison With Brett Aged For Six Months)
- Amsterdam "7th Avenue Triple" (Belgian Triple Aged 5 Months In A Flat Rock Pinot Noir Barrel)
- Great Lakes "Recovering Alter Boy" (Belgian Quadrupel Barrel Aged With Sour Cherries)
- Great Lakes X Biergotter "Daddy Issues" (Famhouse Ale With Brett.)
- Great Lakes "Disturbing the Peach" (Barrel Aged Peach Wheat Blended With Saison & Peaches)
- Great Lakes X Durham Homebrew Club "Brevis & Butthead" (Berliner Weisse)
- Great Lakes "What The Christ Happened To The Pumpkin" (Barrel Aged Pumpkin Ale)
- Indie Ale House X Amsterdam "Dead Spadina Monkey" (Wild Belgian Ale With Raspberries)
- Sawdust City X Amsterdam "Just The Mention Of Berlin Makes Me Sexy" (Guave & Lechee Berliner Weisse )
- Muskoka "Old Time Funk" (Barrel Aged Sour Ale)
- Bellwoods "Muggleweisse" (Sour Brown)
- Bellwoods "Plumers Butt" (Sour Tripel With Yellow Plums Aged In Red Wine Barrels)
- Bellwoods "Mash Pipe" (Smoked Berliner Weisse)
- Hopfenstark "Boson D'Higgs" (Berliner Rauch. Saison)
- Hopfenstark "La Framboise" (Belgian Wit With Raspberries)