Cask Days 2012
Evergreen Brick Works
- Time & Place
Cask Days 2012 Beer List Announced: http://caskdays.com/brews
8th Annual Cask Days 2012 // Cask-Conditioned Craft Beer Festival
October has become Ontario’s annual month to celebrate cask-conditioned ale. A term for unﬁltered, unpasteurized, naturally carbonated beer that undergoes a secondary fermentation in the cask (container). Once tapped, cask-ale - also referred to as “real ale”, has only a few days to be consumed at its peak; We call these days Cask Days.
We are excited to announce the 8th year of our cask-conditioned craft beer festival in Toronto, Ontario which will take place on Saturday, October 27th and Sunday, October 28th 2012.This year we will be hosting the festivities at a new venue, Evergreen Brick Works, a dynamic public space in the heart of Toronto's Don Valley. Cask Days was founded by barVolo in 2005 and has remained family run for the last eight years. The event has evolved into one of the most exciting craft beer festivals in the industry and a major contributor to the Ontario craft beer community. It has also encouraged brewers to experiment, explore diverse styles and have the opportunity to showcase their ﬁnest brews, in most cases – one oﬀ’s that are especially made for the event in cask-conditioned form. Our aim this year is to give you a unique beer festival experience that celebrates not only local craft beer but local food, art and music.
Session One (12:00pm - 5:00pm) - $35.00* - Saturday, October 27th, 2012
Session Two (7:00pm - 12:00am) - $35.00* - Saturday, October 27th, 2012
Session Three (12:00pm - 5:00pm) - $35.00* - Sunday, October 28th, 2012
- Cask Days 2012 is a tasting event.
- Ticket prices do not include HST taxes (13%) or online service fees
- Tickets are available in person (cash only) at barVolo with no online service fees
- Cask Days 2012 tickets are non-refundable, but are transferable (request via e-mail)
- Printed copy of your Cask Days 2012 ticket (sent via e-mail) will be required at the door
- Paypal account is not required for purchase, select "pay with credit / debit card option"
- Cask Days 2012 is a 19+ event. ID will be required and checked at the door
- Additional drink tickets will be $2.50 (1/4 Pint)
- Commemorative 8th Annual Cask Days 2012 souvenir pint glass
- Admission to a five hour festival session at Evergreen, Brickworks
- Four beer sample tickets (equivelent to one full pint)
- 50+ Breweries and 100+ Beers brewed for the festival to choose from.
- Official Cask Days 2012 Festival Guide designed in house.
- Live entertainment with local DJ's and live artists
- Free shuttle bus transportation to and from Brick Works (From Broadview)
- Visit http://caskdays.com/shuttle for more information!
Transformed from a collection of deteriorating heritage buildings into a global showcase for green design and urban sustainability, Evergreen Brick Works is both a stage and incubator for Evergreen’s programs.A dynamic public space in the heart of Toronto’s Don Valley, the site engages visitors through interactive workshops and community festivals, and offers a full suite of programs combining ecology, design, technology and the arts in a hands-on, multi-sensory educational experience. How to get to Evergreen Brick Works http://caskdays.com/venue
THE REMIX PROJECT http://theremixproject.ca
This year Cask Days 2012 is raising money to help support The Remix Project. The charity was created in order to help level the playing field for young people from disadvantaged, marginalized and under served communities. Our programs and services serve youth who are trying to enter into the creative industries or further their formal education; The REMIX Project provides top-notch alternative, creative, educational programs, facilitators and facilities. Our mission is to help refine the raw talents of young people from across the GTA in order to help them find success as participants define it and on their own terms.
WHAT IS CASK ALE? http://oncask.ca/
Cask-Conditioned ale is a term for unfiltered, unpasteurized, naturally carbonated beer that undergoes a secondary fermentation in a cask (container). The beer is dispensed through a direct dispense tap (gravity) and is often served at cooler temperatures. Once Tapped, cask-ale has only a few days (3-4) to be consumed in its ideal form before it spoils. We call these days Cask Days.
- Cask-conditioned ales from micro-breweries across Canada
- 100+ different beers available from 70+ participating breweries
- One-offs, seasonal, or specialty casks only (non-regularly produced beers)
- Brewery collaboration area (unique collaboration one offs for Cask Days 2012)
- Feature Brewery: Le Trou Du Diable, Shawinigan, Quebec (http://troududiable.com)
- Cask-conditioned Gluten Free Beers And Ciders
- Brewers Backyard Presents Cask-Conditioned Pumpkin & Harvest Ales
- Check out the full list of participating breweries and cideries http://caskdays.com/breweries
The food program is being curated by one of Toronto’s top young Chefs, Guy Rawlings (Bellwoods Brewery, Brockton General). With a focus on elevating the standards of festival food, Guy will gather some of Toronto’s most admired Chefs & top restaurants offering guests food that equally matches the caliber of the brews being showcased.
- Guy Rawlings (http://twitter.com/guy_rawings )
- Grand Electric ( http://www.grandelectricbar.com )
- Jay Carter ( https://twitter.com/Notjcarter )
- Robbie Hojilla ( https://twitter.com/RobbieHoho )
- Chocosol ( http://chocosol.posterous.com )
- Hogtown Charcuterie ( http://www.hogtowncharcuterie.com )
Our ceremonial "Breakfast With The Brewers" takes place the morning of Cask Days between 9:00am - 11:30am. Join us and 75+ brewers from across Canada and celebrate the start of Cask Days. This years breakfast will be provided by the following contributors;
- Hogtown Charcuterie ( http://www.hogtowncharcuterie.com )
- 100km Foods Inc. ( http://www.100kmfoods.com )
- Pastry Chef Mary Margaret Wood ( https://twitter.com/mmmarywood )
- Ali's Bread Chef Guy Rawlings ( http://twitter.com/guy_rawings )
- 23 Degrees Roastery ( http://23degreesroastery.com )
- The Green Grind ( http://thegreengrind.ca )
- DJ Dopey & J-Tec ( http://www.djdopey.com )
- Dough Low Rock ( http://soundcloud.com/doughlowrock )
- Andre Trudel ( http://troududiable.com )
- DJ Lively O.nes ( http://www.mixcloud.com/LivelyOnes )
- Cask Kid ( http://barvolo.com )
- Carlo Cruz
- Elicser ( http://www.elicser.com )LIVE PAINTING
- Jimmy Chiale ( http://jimmychiale.blogspot.ca ) LIVE PAINTING
- Adrian Alphona ( http://www.sweetbizarre.com )
- Mike Del Mundo ( http://www.deadlydelmundo.com )
- Kellen Hatanaka ( http://thirdandten.com )
- Tomas Morana ( http://keep6design.com )
- Jordan Bamforth ( http://beausallnatural.com )
- Yannick Brosseau ( http://dieuduciel.com )
- Robin Sharpe ( http://www.robinsharpe.ca )
- Connie Tsang ( http://be.net/connietsang/frame )
For more information or to keep up to date with Cask Days news and brewery participation;